Some of my visitors may have noticed that I have added a new Climate Images page and have been adding climate data images to my right side panel. So far, I have 6 trend charts, 4 map images, 1 photo image and 1 data value showing the CO2 concentrations, recent total solar irradiance (TSI) , temperature anomalies and Arctic sea ice extent trends and map images of global and SST anomalies and Arctic sea ice extent.
I have added 8 images to my right-side panel. My new Climate Images page currently shows 4 climate images:
- NOAA/ERSL Surface Temperature Anomaly map image – Last 30 Days
- NOAA-NESDIS 50 KM Global SST Anomaly map image- Latest Image – (Updated every 3-4 days)
- NASA GISTemp Anomaly map image – Latest Month Image
- NSIDC Arctic Sea Ice Extent map image – Latest Daily Image
Both my right side panel and Climate Image page are works in progress as I experiment with climate trend image organization and display options. My goal is to have a one-stop shop where readers can find up-to-date information on key climate trends without having to navigate to multiple sites.
How do I keep these 12 charts and images up-to-date? Good question, I’m glad I asked so that I can document what I am doing in case any of you would like to give this a try.
- CO2 Now Concentration - this is simply a link to CO2 Now’s widget
- CO2 Trend Chart- I link to my ProcessTrends.com site file where I store my CO2 chart generated using my RClimate CO2 script.
- Solar Image - this is simply a link to NASA’s SOHO site where they provide up-to-date information on solar conditions.
- Recent TSI Trend Chart – I link to my ProcessTrends.com site TSI file where I store my TSI chart generated using RClimate TSI script.
- GISS Temperature Anomaly Chart - I link to my ProcessTrends.com site GISS file where I store my GISS chart generated using RClimate GISS script.
- SST Anomaly Trend – I link to my ProcessTrends.com site SST file where I store my SST chart generated using RClimate SST script.
- NINO34 SST Anomaly Trend – I link to my ProcessTrends.com site NINo34 file where I store my SST chart generated using RClimate SST script.
- NOAA -ERSL Surface Temperature Anomaly Image – this is simply a link to NOAA’s where they provide an image of the last 30 days.
- NOAA/NESDIS 50 KM Global SST Anomaly Image – I select the most recent SST image from NOAA’s current operational page and update my link.
- NASA GISSTemp Anomaly Image – I link to NASA’s image for the most recent month
- NSIDC Arctic Sea Ice Extent Image – I link to NSIDC’s image for the most recent month
- NSIDC Arctic Sea Ice Trend by Month - I link to my ProcessTrends.com site SIE file where I store my Arctic Sea Ice Extent trend chart generated using RClimate SIE script.
Comments – Suggestions
Any thoughts, suggestions? Let me know!